- Competition to me is not about beating your opponent. It is about doing your best; it is about striving to reach your potential; and it is about being in relentless pursuit of a competitive edge in everything you do.
- The traditional definition of competition requires having an opponent. The real opposition is the challenge to remain focused on maximizing your abilities in preparation for the game.
- My competitive approach is that “it’s all about us.” If we’ve really done the preparation to elevate ourselves to our full potential, it shouldn’t matter whom we’re playing.
- My opponents are the people who offer me the opportunity to succeed. The tougher my opponents, the more they present me with an opportunity to live up to my full potential and play my best.
- If you want to “Win Forever, Always Compete.”
(Taken from Pete Carroll’s book “Win Forever.”)